I need help but I’m not sure what to ask for.
Finding work that has meaning, work that doesn’t feel like work, work that’s energizing: this is the goal of the career exploration process.
We all have gifts — things that we do naturally, effortlessly and well — but we often have a hard time recognizing and owning those gifts. My strength is helping clients recognize their favorite skills and how those can be leveraged to find a satisfying career.
Could you benefit from some career exploration?
• It’s early in my career. I just want to be sure I’ve made the right choice.
• I’ve been doing this for 20 years. Maybe I should look around at other options.
• I know I don’t want to do this, but I have no idea what I do want to do.
• Is there some other role in my field I’m not considering?
• Is there something else that I could be doing with my career?
• A new opportunity has come my way. Is that the right path, or a detour?
• Should I get a graduate degree?
Steps in a Job Search
Only 15% of all jobs are ever listed in the paper, on-line or with recruiters. Below is a description of how you...VIEW
How to Find Work You Love
Two career coaches talk about what they’ve learned about the job market, making a career change, and what makes people enjoy their...
One conversation with Karen sent me on a path I had never considered or even knew was possible in my industry.
Thank you for providing the guidance and encouragement to broaden my horizons. The world beyond my current professional circumstances now seems much more open and promising.
Karen was fantastic at helping me navigate my career evolution and progression. She helped me think about my career as a journey and broke down the steps both psychologically and logistically.
Working with Karen has helped me tremendously as I navigated through a difficult period with a previous supervisor, and helped me set the stage for future career success. Her advice and guidance helped position me to get noticed, and I was!
I love working with Karen because at the end of each session I feel re-energized and motivated in my job search, with a concrete plan of action. She always has new ideas/approaches, is positive and encouraging.